The Benson Boys

The Benson Boys
A glimpse into the lives of our three boys (one big guy and two little guys)

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Letters

Once again, my printer is out of ink, from printing templates and activities off the internet... anything to try to get these boys (the eldest especially) to take a liking to letters, numbers, and just learning in general. I search and search for tips, tricks, and templates to print to help bring some fun to the learning. Like my flour in the pan idea, our cookies shaped like letters, our crackers with letters inprinted on them, etc, etc. I NEVER realized I would need to think about it this much... some of my friends tell me that they never really had to teach their kids letters or numbers, that they just kinda had "picked it up" by age 3 or 4... others tell me that their 3 or 4 year old's favorite thing to do it learning letters and numbers. And being a lover of school myself that seems like about how I THOUGHT it would go. Joel, however, definitely challenges me and has let me know that is not the way it will go around here. Now don't get me wrong, Joel does know some numbers and letters, but most of the time is not about to let me in on what he actually does know or not know or just tell me "not to talk about it". I just have to figure it out and keep trying. Here is the latest... letters that look like race tracks to drive cars on... it's amazing the things you can find on the internet:)






1 comment:

Stephanie said...

GREAT idea, KO! and beautiful black and whites! wish i could take you back to the UMD days, and let you develop film & pics in the photo lab with me. you'd have loved it!