The Benson Boys

The Benson Boys
A glimpse into the lives of our three boys (one big guy and two little guys)

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day at the Zoo

We survived our big outing to the MN Zoo today. We all had a good time. It actually went way better than I thought (especially if you don't count the last 45 minutes of the ride home :)) Rush hour traffic, road construction, and a crying baby made the long drive from Apple Valley to Buffalo a bit longer on the way home.

The highlight of the day for Joel was these giesers before you even get to the animals. He didn't hesitate for a moment before he started running through them. So, we started out the day soaking wet...

I think both Jeff and I were surprised by how totally EXHAUSTED we were when we left the zoo. Going to the zoo sounds like such a simple thing, but I guess that was without toddlers and babies. I had a list a page long of things we needed to bring. Let's see, there's diapers, wipes, extra clothes, bottles, sippy cups, formula, pacifiers, LOTS of snacks... the list goes on and on. And this is for a one day outing. Wow, no wonder we don't go anywhere!





Joel did NOT like laying on his back in the grass, so here I am attempting to get some dry clothes on him.




Just another diaper change...



Don't let this fool you. Grant only lasted 5 minutes in this thing. I think he needs to get a little bigger to really enjoy the view.


Picnic lunch



First nap of the day, 5pm, approximately 3 minutes after departing the zoo.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog and seeing the pictures. It looks like you had a great day. Maybe I will get a chance to come see you next week when your Mom is down.

Kel said...

I love being able to come on here and see current pics! They are great! I talked to mom tonight and I am hoping there is a way I can meet up with you guys at the science museum! We took the kids there for a field trip this past year! It is pretty cool! I am glad you are all doing well! Give the kids kisses from me:)