The Benson Boys

The Benson Boys
A glimpse into the lives of our three boys (one big guy and two little guys)

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bike Mania


There is one thing I can say for SURE about these bikes... they have been ridden, and ridden, and ridden some more. Every day, more than once a day since all summer long. I think Joel is nearly out growing his, as he pedals so hard the front wheel looks like it's bending and he tips the whole thing over if he doesn't lean the right way when turning corners:) Grant, on the other hand, doesn't quite have the strength (or long enough legs) to actually use the pedals. I assure you, however, that this does not prevent him from going nearly as fast as Joel on his bike. I will need to post some video of that sometime... his Flintstone method of riding is pretty entertaining.

Don't think about smiling now, Grant.



This is what they do... round and around our driveway they go. Joel likes to go around the block, but Grant hasn't made it very far both times I've tried that... the first time I ended up carrying Grant and his bike half-way around the block, while Joel was so far ahead I could barely see him. The second time, Grant decided to ditch his bike about a quarter of the way around the block, so I opted to come back later for the bike, and did end up carrying Grant the rest of the way, while running in the 93 degree heat, in order to keep up with Joel. I'm thinking maybe next year will be better for venturing around the block on bikes...



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I don't know what it is, but these pics make them look more and more like their dad :). LOVE the flinstones bike riding, hehe. We have one of those at our house. Her sandals are nearly worn out in the toes.