The Benson Boys

The Benson Boys
A glimpse into the lives of our three boys (one big guy and two little guys)

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Madeline Island Wedding

From the gifts awaiting all guests of the wedding, to the the hand-decorated, themed sugar cookies (uniquely decorated by Jenn), to the special parent gifts, to an anniversary cake (beautifully made by Jenn) for Jenn's grandparents, whose 52nd wedding anniversary was on Mike and Jenn's wedding day, to a special little table for Joel and Grant to use, plus 100 more tiny details that could not have been more perfect.... saying that Jenn thought of everything to make the wedding perfect, beautiful, special, unique and memorable, would be an understatement. I (and everyone else as well) was amazed by the details and the thought that went into every. last. detail.

Friday night kicked off with the groom's dinner. It was a GOREOUS night on the beach. The kids ended up swimming in Lake Superior, it was so warm.


A special gift for both sets of parents, from Mike and Jenn.
Some Grandma lovin' after swimming

My Aunt Connie and I were entrusted with assembling the cake to look like the picture Jenn provided. (It was brought to the island in 3 separate pieces without the decorations). I LOVE how it turned out!

The, somewhat smiley, but rather uncooperative ring-bearers... I still can't believe I did not get a good picture of both of them (or any pictures really) in their cute little monkey suits! They did their jobs and made it down the aisle (just barely). The was a last minute crisis when Grant decided (and I mean decided for sure) that we wanted to carry the banner instead of the pillow. Luckily Joel was willing to accept a bribe in exchange for a last minute switch with Grant. Whew! Crisis avoided:)
Mike, entering with the pastor

My view from my seat. It went from being HOT on Friday to COLD on Saturday... (only on Lake Superior). Although the ceremony was still held outside, the reception was moved inside. It was unfortunate, but still beautiful and perfect.


Jenn and her sister had matching red shoes and purses. so cute.


Despite Grant's finger position, still our best family shot! :) It was only later that we noticed Mitchell had no hand!.... kids:) I still love the picture almost more than if it were perfect. Mainly because it makes us laugh. Grant is actually doing that on purpose (the little stinker), and no, Mitch was not trying to mess up the picture with his lack of hand, but I love how a little personality shines through in each boy, complete with Joel's most impish grin:)








Jeff... outside with the boys. Hmmm, I think this may have been during or just after the Best Man's toast.... which they were thoroughly obnoxious during, earning them a trip outside... Poor Jeff, the boys were a bit of a handful at the wedding. That tends to happen if you take a 3 and 4 year old active boys and ask them to stay in a room with adults for about 6 hours. Overall, they did their job and really were not too bad, but antsy after awhile.

The cake was SOOOO good, probably the best wedding cake I have ever had




This is the only picture of Mike and Jenn that I snapped. I didn't want to be rude while the photographer was taking pictures and after that, I just forgot!

On Sunday, our gang decided to make a trip to the state park on the island and visit the "lagoon". I realized I forgot to take a picture of the lagoon (after we had spendt a couple hours walking there). I think that says something about how exciting the lagoon turned out to be:) However, the hike itself was a fun family adventure that we will remember for years to come.


picture above taken with self-timer, picture below take by passer-byer...


No comments: