The Benson Boys

The Benson Boys
A glimpse into the lives of our three boys (one big guy and two little guys)

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Friday Night Family Christmas

(click photos once to enlarge)...
Yes, I do know this is my THIRD post today! I admit, I get a little carried away with blogging when I have lots of fun pictures. Luckily, I decided to collage most of them, so you don't have to scroll through dozens of pictures! And yes, although this is my third post today, I am only through Friday night... Friday evening we gave the kids their gifts from us and Jeff and I exchanged as well. Mitchell will be leaving for WI Christmas on Wednesday, so we decided to celebrate as a family this weekend, so they can have a little time to enjoy their gifts before we leave for Hibbing and Wisconsin.




Joel's favorite gift was the Polar Express train set, that goes along with all their Thomas track and trains. You can see Jeff was getting maybe a little too much "help" setting it up. Both Joel and Grant played with the trains ALL day today. They truly cannot get enough. Fighting wasn't as bad as I expected, even though the "zoo cars" Grant got for Christmas are a favorite of BOTH Joel and Grant. Joel was good about giving the zoo cars to Grant when he wanted to play with them, but the SECOND that Grant turned his back, Joel would attach those zoo cars to his train again, then seconds later Grant would decide he wasn't done with them and repeat "my train" "my train" "my train", until we told Joel to give them back again... you get the picture, then repeat that about 2 dozen times throughout the day.




Mitchell's fav was probably this NBA game for his PSP that Jeff found for $10! Score!




Grant's favorite was probably those zoo cars, or his stuffed mouse that goes with the "When you take a mouse to a movie" book, but he also got this Discovery Toys zip track, which has been a hit with both Joel and Grant so far. The cars are motorized and appear to eat batteries, but I have to say it is entertaining to watch the cars chase each other around the colorful track :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You rock, girl! The collages are SO cute! It looks like great fun had by all :) My favs are the family picture attempts, hilarious! Merry Christmas!