The Benson Boys

The Benson Boys
A glimpse into the lives of our three boys (one big guy and two little guys)

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Florida Girl's Weedend... (plus Roy and Alex)

I was fortunate enough to enjoy a wonderful weekend in Florida with 2 of my 3 closest friends January 28th - 31st. This time, Sara (middle below) and I finally caught up with Desi (the one that is usually missing in our get-togethers), as she lives in Norway. Des and Roy welcomed their first baby in May 2009, and this trip was to spend time with them, as well as to meet Alexander Skadal (who is absolutely adorable, as you will see below). We SO missed our 4th roomie Steph, as she wasn't able to make the trip, but we are confident that next year, we will find a way to get all four of us together once again.

We had beach time, shopping time, eating time, talking time, and even alligator-spotting and teeth-whitening time :) Des and Roy spoiled with everything from chocolate on our pillows to treating us to dinner. They have always been VERY good hosts :)

First day, at a beach just minutes from their home, to watch the sunset. You can see it cooled off at night, but the day we left, it was minus 18 below windchill in Mpls, and 77 degrees when we arrived in Tampa.

Siesta Key Beach near Sarasota. A quartz beach of POWDER fine sand. Just beautful. It was my first time experiencing sand like that, and I was quite fascinated by it.

The little man, Alex. He is an angel and I am quite certain I never heard him cry while we were there.


Sara and I alligator sighting, at Mayaca State Park. There are blurry gators in the background here.
There he is :)
And last but not least, as little teeth-whitening... because, why not, when else am I going to have time to sit for 40 minutes in a mall and do nothing !
The one thing I can't believe I didn't get a picture of is our bright yellow bug that we had for our rental car. It was quite cute :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

SO happy you guys got to do this trip! And next time, I WILL be there :)