The Benson Boys

The Benson Boys
A glimpse into the lives of our three boys (one big guy and two little guys)

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Traditions

First on tap for the weekend, the band "Hairball" at the Spicer street dance on Saturday night. Gpa and Gma watched all five grandkiks, ages 2-12, while we hit the streets of Spicer. It was a fun time, but just a little hard to be ready for the early morning parade the next day... I'd say it was worth it though. My sister-in-law, Terri, and I rocking to the 80's rock. Well, I'm the only one looking at the camera, but it will have to do since it's the only picture of the kids and I all weekend...
Collecting candy!

I think we had a picture similar to this last year. click here. Thankfully, Joel's reaction to the big trucks was not the same as it was a year ago! No crying this year:)

Lincoln, joining in as a member of the BLEEP drum corp.


Back on the farm after the parade.



I am pretty sure there was more of this drink ON Grant than IN Grant when he was done with this lovely red drink. It required a change of clothes and a near bath to clean up.






Surprisingly, we actually made it all the way through the day to the 10pm fireworkds in Spicer. I was expecting a melt-down from someone at any moment, but it never happened and the boys were mesmerized.



Very seriously, mesmerized. :)

Don't anyone dare crack a smile during the fireworks now...

There's a smile!

Jeff looks SO excited to be at the fireworks, don't you think!

No comments: