The Benson Boys

The Benson Boys
A glimpse into the lives of our three boys (one big guy and two little guys)

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

After 12 weeks of training and 12 weeks as a runner, I completed my first half marathon this past Saturday morning. It was a great experience, and I can honestly say I loved training for it and completing it successfully. There is just something about putting your mind to something and accomplishing it that feels great and fills me up. You can click here to see my results. I am #275, but it is my pace time of 8:47 that I am proud of. When I started running 12 weeks ago, running 2 and 3 miles at a 10:00 mile pace, I never would have believed this was possible. Fittingly, for Mother's Day I received a water belt for training, which I will undoubtedly need as I begin training June 1st for the Twin Cities full marathon on October 3 2010.

On Mother's Day, we enjoyed a nice visit from Grandma Benson and an unnamed kitty, that was literally probably born the day before and discovered in Grandma's barn on Saturday. The boys all watched Grandma bottle-feed and burp the kitty. It was SOOO tiny!





No comments: